Monday 28 February 2011

First 3 weeks

I didn't have an exercise journal for the first 3 weeks I started exercising so I'll leave out the first 3 weeks. But basically I started really really small with my first 20 pushups. And every day I would add 10 more till I did 60 in a day. I would do them in sets like 20, 10, 10, 10.

The second week I added stomach crunches to my workout again starting with 20 and adding 10 each day till I could do 60 in a day.

And the third week, I added squats to my workout. Again starting with 20 and adding 10 each day till i could do 60 in a day.

This was basically me breaking myself into the exercise mindset. And now when I'm writing about this 6 weeks into my exercise I think it works better than maxing yourself out physically on your first workout session. If you're like me and haven't been working out for a long time, imagine how your body would complain at suddenly being made to do so much more work. Then imagine how it translates to your brain when your brain realises,"what!? You're gonna make us go through this 5 days a week for the next few months!?"

So work yourself in slowly, maybe you don't need to go as slowly as me. But do it at your own pace and don't rush it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment